Social dialogue and tripartism covers:
- Negotiation, consultation and information exchange between and among the different actors;
- Collective bargaining;
- Dispute prevention and resolution; and
- Other instruments of social dialogue, including corporate social responsibility and international framework agreements.
- Strong, independent workers' and employers' organizations with the technical capacity and access to relevant information to participate in social dialogue;
- Political will and commitment to engage in social dialogue on the part of all the parties;
- Respect for the fundamental rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining; and
- An enabling legal and institutional framework.
The ILO aims to assist member States in establishing or strengthening legal frameworks, institutions, machinery or processes for sound industrial relations and effective social dialogue in member States. It also aims to promote social dialogue among member States and regional or subregional groupings as means of consensus building, economic and social development, and good governance. It supports the development of knowledge on global industrial relations, in particular the actors and institutions involved in cross-border social dialogue and agreements.
20 October 2017
Social dialogue interventions: What works and why? Lessons learned from a synthesis review, 2013–2016
19 October 2017
World Employment and Social Outlook 2017: Sustainable enterprises and jobs – Formal enterprises and decent work [Summary]
09 October 2017
Social Dialogue: Recurrent discussion under the ILO Declaration on Social Justice for a Fair Globalization
International Labour Conference, 102nd Session, 2013
This database is the result of the cooperation between the International Labour Organisation and the European Commission.
The database contains all transnational company agreements and texts identified and catalogued by the ILO and the European Commission. It contains European and international agreements, as well as sheets with details on every company and agreement.
Upcoming ILO-AICESIS Conference
23 - 24 November 2017
Future of Work
18 - 20 October 2017
28-29 September 2017
28 - 29 September 2017