Poverty anywhere is a threat everywhere
- Haiti earthquake aftermath: 522 entrepreneurs in entrepreneurship training programmes, 53 new businesses established in the construction sector; 766 microenterprises set up focusing on debris recycling.
- Bangladesh: Since 2011, over 100,000 women and men have benefited from apprenticeships within technical and vocational education and training (ILO TVET Programme).
- The ILO has joined forces with the Africa Agriculture and Trade Investment Fund (AATIF) in a range of LDCs, including Burundi and Zambia to help assess social and environmental risks of investments in agriculture in Africa.
- Better Work Programmes: through Transparency Databases, monitors accountability and transparency in the garment sector in Bangladesh, Haiti and Lesotho.
- HIV/AIDS in Tanzania: 491 jobs created and 1201 businesses engaged to prevent the spread of HIV in transport corridors.
Latest ILO news
15 April 2018
Our impact, their voices
12 April 2018
International Women’s Day
08 March 2018